Working Title: Media Specialist
Requisition Number: 1584
Job Location: Remote In State
Florida Virtual School is changing the face of education. Our student-centric approach means that every member of our team—no matter the position or job responsibilities—has the opportunity to positively impact the education of students in our program. Every job here has a greater purpose and influence than those in traditional organizations. We are proud of our team and to continue our mission in delivering high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success in the 21st century, we look to hire only the best.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Florida Virtual School (FLVS) is the leader in developing and providing virtual K-12 education solutions throughout the United States and the world. FLVS offers more than 100 courses, including core subjects, world languages, electives, honors and Advanced Placement courses. Enrollment is open to public, private, and home school students. FLVS has over 1,300 staff members and serves over 90,000 active students.
Florida Virtual School’s total rewards package offers much more than just a pay check! Exposure to cutting-edge technology development/application, world class business development initiatives and career advancement opportunities only add to our comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, educational assistance and paid time off. Additionally, Florida Virtual School is a member of the Florida Retirement System offering pension/investment retirement plans. These benefits often add a value of several thousands of dollars to the total compensation package!
The Media Specialist negotiates contracts with new and existing educational vendors, acquires legal permissions for use of on-line content and assures use of such instructional resources are in the best interest of FLVS. The position coordinates acquiring, maintaining, and auditing of externally purchased digital assets, course materials, and content resources for development projects and course maintenance. The Media Specialist is responsible for providing quality customer service to FLVS, franchises and external clients to include but not limited to resolution of technical problems and handling escalated issues.
For consideration for this position, candidates must meet all of the job requirements as listed below:
· Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
· Florida Professional Certificate or Licensure, preferred
· Two years digital instructional materials experience, including evaluation, selection, and procurement
· Experience in the research, application, and compliance of copyright and licensing regulations
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Negotiate course materials and resource contracts with new and existing vendors for FLVS, franchises, and Global Services Department
· Ensure compliance with vendor contracts
· Acquire legal permissions from vendors for utilizing external content in FLVS courses
· Analyze course enrollment numbers to determine ordering quantity
· Coordinate with Finance Department to ensure vendor payment and invoicing
· Coordinate vendor demonstrations, product sharing and analysis with the Curriculum and Instructional teams
· Collaborate with Project Managers, Curriculum Specialists, Design and Development Specialists, Global Services, and Information Systems with the planning, implementing and evaluating of course materials and resources
· Secure licenses and audit client use of licensed material
· Issue and manage electronic access to on-line course resources
· Coordinate technical integration of resources with FLVS content and systems by working with vendors and Information Systems Team
· Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others
· All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established
Enter your phone number to receive updates on careers at Florida Virtual School .