- I am a Student
- I am a Parent
- I am an Educator or District
Working Title: Careers and Technical Curriculum Specialist
Requisition Number: 1574
Job Location: Remote
Florida Virtual School is changing the face of education. Our student-centric approach means that every member of our team—no matter the position or job responsibilities—has the opportunity to positively impact the education of students in our program. Every job here has a greater purpose and influence than those in traditional organizations. We are proud of our team and to continue our mission in delivering high quality, technology-based education that provides the skills and knowledge students need for success in the 21st century, we look to hire only the best.
Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, Florida Virtual School (FLVS) is the leader in developing and providing virtual K-12 education solutions throughout the United States and the world. FLVS offers more than 100 courses, including core subjects, world languages, electives, honors and Advanced Placement courses. Enrollment is open to public, private, and home school students. FLVS has over 1,300 staff members and serves over 90,000 active students.
Florida Virtual School’s total rewards package offers much more than just a pay check! Exposure to cutting-edge technology development/application, world class business development initiatives and career advancement opportunities only add to our comprehensive benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, educational assistance and paid time off. Additionally, Florida Virtual School is a member of the Florida Retirement System offering pension/investment retirement plans. These benefits often add a value of several thousands of dollars to the total compensation package!
Careers and Technical Curriculum Specialist
The Curriculum Specialist is responsible for the overall planning, designing, and development of course content and assessments for a specific subject area(s). The Curriculum Specialist is responsible for curriculum innovation, design, and research, and for ensuring the development and maintenance of the highest quality courses for FLVS and its clients/partners. The Curriculum Specialist assists in reviewing externally produced content and resources, and works with vendors to produce FLVS content. The Curriculum Specialist maintains regular contact with the DOE and other relevant agencies with regard to standards and other pertinent issues, disseminating information regarding relevant standards or policy changes.
For consideration for this position, candidates must meet all of the job requirements as listed below:
· Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
· Valid Florida Professional Teaching Certificate in assigned subject
· Three years curriculum design, development, and implementation experience; or equivalent combination relevant experience
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinate planning, designing, and development of course content and assessments
· Develop content and assessments that meet state, national, and/or College Board standards
· Collaborate with other Curriculum Management team members to seek out and design innovative work for students
· Review course and content data making recommendations regarding revisions
· Identify quality content providers
· Identify and review externally produced content and resources
· Maintain professional membership(s) and disseminates appropriate information from national and state organizations as well as from the DOE
· Research new and innovative curriculum practices
· Work with vendors to write FLVS content
· Stay current with curricular trends and standards changes by maintaining professional memberships, attending conferences, and maintaining regular communication with the DOE
· Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others
· All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established
Enter your phone number to receive updates on careers at Florida Virtual School .
There are no jobs currently listed.